Your weekly dose of cloud-services.
List of cloud service providers for which we will share update. This week at
Week – 25 Oct 2020 – 31 Oct 2020 – Episode 1
IBM Cloud Services
Support for following configuration changes for postgreSQL added
- shared_buffers: Shared memory buffers that the server use. The recommended memory allocation for shared_buffers is 1/4 of the service instance’s RAM.
- max_locks_per_transaction: The setting controls the average number of object locks allocated for each transaction. Increase it only if you have queries that touch many different tables in a single transaction.
- deadlock_timeout: The number of milliseconds to wait before checking for deadlock and the duration where lock waits are logged. Setting this number too low negatively impacts performance.
If the request to change configuration settings fails, the Hyper Protect DBaaS for PostgreSQL SRE team will be notified automatically. You can also use the CLI commands or API requests to view the change request status.
This buildpack contains two production versions of Liberty—a default version that remains constant for approximately three months and the latest version, as an alternate.
An existing application will not be affected by the new buildpack until you redeploy or restage it. After redeployment, existing applications should continue to run “as is” without any additional changes. New applications will automatically use the new buildpack.
- Routing cases to specific areas: The revamped case creation process enables the easy selection of resources within your account to make sure that your case is seen by the proper Support Engineer. You can add up to 50 resources that require support. This is 10X more than you could do previously.
- Providing feedback for your created case: Your opinion matters, and we want it to ensure we are providing our best support experience. Now you can give feedback during the case resolution process. For each response provided by support, you have an ability to provide a positive or negative feedback to help improve our overall quality of feedback, time to resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Improved personalized digital self-help: Leverage a list of popular FAQs that are curated based on your issue, along with our powerful search tool that directs you to the complete IBM Cloud documentation.
Armed with a robust understanding of your problems (through our user’s help and partnership) and a deep bank of technical domain knowledge that generated over 30 patent filings to date, IBM is pleased to introduce a data-first user experience that improves your data team’s workflow in the following ways:
- Accelerating the configuration of the MDM system, getting sources added to the system and running in a matter of weeks, rather than months.
- Informing the user’s decision making with embedded AI and machine learning that provides transparent and meaningful guidance so you no longer need to rely on specialized experts to set up a custom data model and algorithm for you, removing bottlenecks and letting people focus on strategic work instead of administration.
- Deep integration with the leading governance platform, Watson Knowledge Catalog.
- Enhancing ease of use in a platform-based experience, allowing your teams to collaborate seamlessly across the ecosystem of data management solutions.
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Google Public Cloud
- Verizon Cloud
- Digital Ocean
- Open Source Cloud